Careers With velofix
velofix is always looking for stars who want to join the team!
Mobile Bike Shop Operator / Part-time Mechanic – velofix Toronto North
This is an exciting new position with an opportunity for advancement as we grow! Working for us is not like any bike shop you’ve been in – the velofix experience means that the customer can have the work completed at their home or office – we’re mobile so we can go to a location of their choice! You get to show off your technical skills and your knowledge and experience as a cyclist, and they get an insider’s view of what usually happens behind the scenes. Most importantly, we provide a convenient, premium service that gives riders more time to do what they love – RIDE! Read More
Lead Mechanic – velofix Bay Area
velofix Bay Area is looking for a full-time Lead Bike Mechanic/Operator to cover accounts in San Francisco and Marin County. Read More
Social Media & Marketing Specialist – Head Office, Vancouver BC
As we continue our rapid growth, we are seeking a Social Media and Marketing Specialist who is highly motivated and has a passion for connecting with current and future customers. This person must lead an active lifestyle and love cycling! Read More
Mobile Bike Shop Operator & Lead Mechanic – velofix Washington DC
velofix has a new franchise opening in Washington, DC and we are looking for a Lead Bike Mechanic to run our velofix van in the DC area. Are you passionate about cycling, have a proven track record working on a variety of bicycles, and enjoy working directly with your clients? Consider the information below to see if Velofix is right for you. Read More
Lead Mechanic Position – velofix Halton
If you are passionate about cycling, have strong mechanical skills for both road and mountain bikes and enjoy working directly with people, this position may be for you. velofix Halton is looking for a full-time bike mechanic to operate the velofix van in the Halton area (Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills). In this unique full-time position, you will be working from a customized Mercedes Benz Sprinter van with all of the racks, tools and parts to provide everything from quick tune-ups to complete overhauls. Working independently, you will travel from client to client providing high-quality repairs and maintenance as well as providing guidance and advice and exceptional customer service at the customer’s convenience and at their location. You will also:
- Manage, monitor and actively participate in organizing bookings and inventory management
- Work closely with the Velofix Franchise Owner to maximize efficiency, and meet or exceed monthly revenue targets
- Promote the awareness and positive image of the company using the traditional and emerging marketing tools, including but not limited to trade shows, conventions, presentations, websites, and social media activation and membership
- Attend, participate and coordinate events, corporate days and team rides/sponsorship events
- Completion of the Winterborne Bicycle Institute’s Professional Bicycle Program and professional experience
- Clean driving record
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Independent worker, able to manage time to meet scheduled appointments
Mobile Bike Shop Operator & Lead Mechanic – velofix Jacksonville
velofix Jacksonville is looking for a Mobile Bike Shop Operator/Lead Mechanic operating in the Jacksonville FL metro area. This position requires a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a professional bicycle service department, with excellent diagnostic and productive mechanical skills. Strong sales and customer service orientation is a must as well as the ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment. Mechanic must be proficient in repairing new as well as older and vintage bicycles to the highest standard. This is not an entry-level position. We are seeking an experienced mechanic who can multi-task and handle a wide range of bike service and sales. - You can earn 40k+ a year doing what you love with a flexible work schedule, compensation will be based on experience with competitive pay, performance bonuses and sales commissions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interface directly with the customer to assess service needs.
- Bicycle assembly, inspection, repair, and complete overhaul of customers' bicycles from beach cruisers to world class racing machines.
- Directly responsible for generating bike and accessory sales across all bicycling disciplines
- Complete accurate online booking/inventory and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a professional knowledge resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Receive shipments & restock inventory
- Ensure mobile bike shop van is kept clean and tidy.
- Represent the shop at local bike events
Required qualifications for this role:
- Clean driving record, current driver's license & comfortable driving larger vehicles
- Able to lift 70 lbs.
- Comfortable working remotely and interacting with customers
- Pass background check
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Comfortable working with online booking and inventory/ordering system
- Bike mechanic technical certification highly desired (UBI, Barnett, Shimano, US Cycling)
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods
- Basic computer skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
- Able to fit customers to all types of bikes
Inside Sales/Customer Service
About velofix velofix was born from a passion for cycling. We believe that bicycles can help change the world. Our goal is to provide a convenient and Premium Mobile Bike Shop experience where and when our customers desire. We want our clients to Save Time. Ride more. The Role The Inside Sales Representative is the key to our first interactions and experiences with our… Read More