At velofix, we believe that team education is paramount to delivering exceptional customer service. But we will be the first to admit that the education demands in the cycling industry are very broad. THERE IS SO MUCH! Our team needs thorough understanding of everything: product knowledge of all the great brands we offer, operational expertise of our systems and point-of-sale, and all the intricacies of communicating value while delivering unmatched service.
That’s why we’re seeking an Education Manager. At a high level, this job is about elevating the brand by helping ensure consistency in our rider experience. Fundamentally, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping others grow. Someone who thrives on learning every best practice and teaching everyone else they meet. Someone who will be endlessly excited about sharing every detail of every doodad, every gram-saving upgrade, every messaging technique, every workhack, and every time-saving idea.
How does that sound to you? Good? Good.
What we’re bringing to you.
- Daily access to the beautifully captivating city of Austin, Texas
- Domestic and international travel (we’re talking US and Canada!)
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits plan
- Discounts on product
- Flexible hours. Not work from 1am-9am flexible, but pretty flexible.
- An awesome team of coworkers who are passionate, eclectic, and seriously fun to hang with
- No foosball table or other BS distractions that don’t actually add value, we want you to work hard and then leave the office. Go live your best life
What you’re bringing to us.
- Strong work ethic. We’re not looking for 90 hours a week, just a commitment to be fully engaged when you are at work
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated. We’re trusting you to do you. But at the same time, do the right thing.
- Effective at communicating ideas. It’s table stakes for someone with “Education” in their title
- Flexibility. The job will ask for a few late nights and weekends. We’ll do our best to give you a heads up.
- Experience doing this sort of thing. You’ve done it before. You want to do it again. And you want to do it for us. Whether that be another role in education, experience in the cycling industry, or both.
Proficiencies and experience that could give you a leg up
- Experience as a cyclist, retailer, and/or educator
- Developing and managing curriculums, textbooks, and newsletters
- Conducting research on product or services
- Capacity with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Creating tools to evaluate performance
- Preparing content for multi-day seminars/courses
- Preparing and managing budgets for educational programs
- History with POS systems
- Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Slack
Founded with a passion for cycling, Mobile Bike Shop velofix was launched in 2013 by Chris Guillemet, Boris Martin, and Davide Xausa, who all share that passion for cycling and the common belief that bicycles can help change the world.
Featured in the New York Times and recognized on Entrepreneur Magazine’s rankings for Franchise 500, Fastest-Growing Franchises and Top New Franchises of 2017. velofix has also been called, “one of the most impressive mobile franchises,” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
velonews calls Mobile Bike Shops the #1 Industry Trend in 2017. velofix has also been featured on CBC’s Dragon’s Den (Canada’s version of Shark Tank), which resulted in Jim Treliving coming on board as an investor. Charles Chang of Lyra Growth Partners has also invested in velofix.
velofix recently Won 2018 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Pacific Region – Emerging)
How to apply
Along with your resume, please take a moment to answer these questions for us.
- Tell how you have worked in an educational capacity before.
- Tell us how you see our company, our brand, and the opportunities we have in front of us.
- Tell us where you think we’re missing out on an easy win.
- Tell us about a shopping experience where the person serving you convinced you to become a customer.
- Now the opposite. Tell us about a shopping experience where, if the person serving you were just a bit more knowledgeable, you would have become a customer.
Send your cover letter (answering the questions above) and resume to email@example.com
We will be accepting resumes until July 15th and we promise to read and respond to every resume sent.