Full Time Bicycle Mechanic – DC
Are you a motivated and passionate bike mechanic, but find yourself longing for something more? Well now’s the time for you to emerge out of that dark, tiresome, and redundant bike shop lifestyle and accelerate your career.
Velofix, North America’s largest fleet of mobile bike shops, is currently hiring full-time, lead, mechanic and operator in the DC area.
*** $500 sign-on bonus!
Don’t wait, apply today!
As the leading provider of on-demand bicycle retail and service solutions, Velofix brings customers a premium experience with unparalleled and consistent service, every time.
Our lead mechanics and operators utilize a fully customized Mercedes Sprinter Van, which is seriously the coolest bike shop on wheels! It features a flat screen tv, coffee bar, and just about every Park Tool available.
We sell, repair, fit, and provide all the bike services you might find at a traditional bike shop. The difference is that we come directly to our customer’s homes, offices, and even events; no two days are ever the same.
We are currently looking for full-time lead mechanic and operator who has a passion for cycling, possess outstanding customer service skills and has the ability to manage their own mobile bike shop.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, trained to build/repair all types and levels of bicycles, and has awesome communication skills. A clean driving record and driver’s license is required. Candidates must be comfortable driving an oversized vehicle in urban and suburban settings and should be familiar with the Greater LA area.
Above all, we’re looking for someone with an inclusionary view of the bike industry – who pays the same attention to any bike, just as they would to a top-level professional’s, or their own.
- Ensure all-around excellent customer experience
- Proficiently execute assembly, repairs, and maintenance for all types of bicycles
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of parts and accessories,
- Submit and receive parts orders via an online interface.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and efficient work environment
- Bicycle certified or equivalent work experience
- Technical thinker and problem solver, willingness to learn in a rapidly changing industry
- Clean driving record, strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service, communication skills, and issue resolution
- Passionate about learning new bike technology and learning new repair techniques
- Self-motivated, independent worker, able to manage time to meet scheduled appointments
- Enthusiastic and able to work under close scrutiny of the customer
- Knowledgeable about the Los Angeles bicycling community and culture
Working for us is not like any bike shop you have been in. Velofix mechanics have the unique opportunity to interface with customers from the start-to-finish of the work order process, making them the face of the business.
Get a chance to work all over the city, developing customer relationships and being a part of one of the fastest-growing elements of the bike industry.
If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com