Full Time Bicycle Mechanic & Shop Operator – WR Guelph
If you are a bicycle mechanic who is passionate about cycling, have strong mechanical skills for all types of bicycles and enjoy working directly with people, this position is for you. Velofix WR Guelph is looking for a full-time bike mechanic to operate the Velofix van in Waterloo Region & Guelph. You will be working from a customized Mercedes Benz Sprinter van with all of the racks, tools parts and accessories to provide everything from quick tune-ups to complete overhauls. Working independently, you will travel from client to client providing high-quality repairs and maintenance as well as providing guidance, advice and exceptional customer service at the customer’s convenience and at their location of choice.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interface directly with the customer to assess service needs.
- Bicycle assembly, inspection, repair, and a complete overhaul of customers’ bicycles. Must be proficient in both new and older/vintage bicycles.
- Directly responsible for generating bike parts and accessory sales across all cycling disciplines.
- Complete accurate online booking/inventory and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Serve as a professional & knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service.
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate exceptional product knowledge.
- Receive shipments & restock inventory.
- Ensure mobile bike shop is kept clean and tidy.
- Represent Velofix at local bike events and within the community.
- Proactively market Velofix through social media accounts, community events, rides, clubs, and teams.
- Clean driving record, current driver’s license & comfortable driving larger vehicles.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Independent worker, able to manage time to meet scheduled appointments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends.
Preferred Qualification but not required:
- Completion of the Winterborne Bicycle Institute’s Professional Bicycle Program and professional experience.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.