Full Time Mechanic – Vancouver Mainland
Velofix is a mobile bike shop. Featured on Dragon’s Den, Velofix struck a deal with one of the Dragons to expand throughout Canada and into the U.S. markets. We are looking for a Full-Time Lead Bike Mechanic to run our Velofix van in the Vancouver Mainland Area.
Are you passionate about cycling, have a proven track record working on a variety of bicycles, and enjoy working directly with your clients? Consider the information below to see if Velofix is right for you. The position is full-time, working variable hours and days as required by the appointments booked by our customers.
Guaranteed Salary Year Round.
At peak times, a second mechanic may be added to provide assistance to meet customer demands. Compensation will be based on experience with competitive pay and performance bonuses. As the business grows, there may be room for advancement and investment for the right candidate as additional vans are added to the franchise territory.
The ideal candidate is certified by the Barnett Bicycle Institute or has equivalent training and professional experience. A clean driving record and be comfortable driving in both an urban and rural setting is a must.
• Barnett Bicycle Institute certified or equivalent work experience
• Technical thinker and problem solver
• Clean driving record
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Constantly looking for new technology and learning new techniques
• Independent worker, able to manage time to meet scheduled appointments
• Enthusiastic and able to work under close scrutiny of the client
• Knowledgeable around issues and events in the bicycling community
This is an exciting business with many opportunities and possibilities.
Thank you to all candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.