Mobile Bike Shop Operator & Lead Mechanic – velofix DMV
This position requires a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a professional bicycle service department, with excellent diagnostic and productive mechanical skills. Strong sales and customer service orientation is a must as well as the ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment. Mechanic must be proficient in repairing new as well as older and vintage bicycles to the highest standard. This is not an entry-level position- you must be able to multi-task and handle a wide variety of maintenance and assembly issues as well as bike and accessory sales.
You can do what you love with a flexible work schedule, compensation is set by the Franchise Owner and will be based on experience with competitive pay, and may include performance bonuses and sales commissions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interface directly with the customer to assess service needs.
- Bicycle assembly, inspection, repair, and complete overhaul of customers’ bicycles- must be proficient in both new and older/vintage bicycles
- Directly responsible for generating bike parts and accessory sales across all bicycling disciplines
- Complete accurate online booking/inventory and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a professional knowledge resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Receive shipments & restock inventory
- Ensure mobile bike shop van is kept clean and tidy.
- Represent velofix at local bike events and in the community
- Proactively market velofix through social media accounts, community events, rides, clubs and teams
Required qualifications for this role:
- Clean driving record, current driver’s license & comfortable driving larger vehicles
- Able to lift 70 lbs.
- Comfortable working remotely and interacting with customers
- Pass background check
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Comfortable working with online booking and inventory/ordering system
- Bike mechanic technical certification highly desired (UBI, Barnett, Shimano, USA Cycling)
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods
- Basic computer skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
- Able to fit customers to all types of bikes
Working as a velofix Lead Operator is not like any bike shop job you’ve had. This is an adventure and we are looking for someone who wants to come along on the ride. You need to be flexible, nimble and love talking to people. For our clients, the velofix experience means they can stay with their beloved bicycle while the work is completed. You get to show off your technical skills as well as your knowledge and experience as a cyclist. As you are running the show, you may have to negotiate, manage and sell – close the deal to make the customer happy. We build our business on word of mouth and recommendations, therefore every customer experience must be an exceptional one.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in being considered.
Thank you to all candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted by the local velofix Franchise Owner.