Operator/Mechanic – Minnesota
Velofix MN is looking for individuals with a passion for people, cycling and great mechanical skills to come on board as a Van Operator in the Twin Cities. We have both a full-time and a part-time position available. This is a unique opportunity to run your own service and retail operation – full autonomy and flexibility comes along with the job. Are you tired of being stuck in the back room staring at 4 walls? Velofix is a full service mobile bike shop, get out, have fun and bike. With over 100 locations, Velofix is the largest fleet of mobile bike shops in North America. Are you passionate about cycling, have a proven track record working on a variety of bicycles, and enjoy serving people? Consider the information below to see if Velofix is right for you. The right candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is comfortable working with people and bikes of a variety of levels, would like to take advantage of our training and development plan, and possesses great customer service and people skills. This is a great opportunity to start the new season right with Velofix MN! Get out and see the world each and every day.
The position is full-time, year-round working variable hours and days as required by the appointments and events booked by our customers. At peak times, a second Technician may be added to provide assistance to meet high-demand periods. The work will vary from residential visits, corporate service and event-based opportunities as well as operating a demo fleet including several partner brands. Competitive pay, if not above industry, many incentive bonuses and profit sharing and great bike industry benefits. As business grows, there will be room for advancement for the right candidate as additional vans are added to our territory. After all we have all of Minnesota to serve. The ideal candidate will carry certification, or has equivalent training and professional experience. A clean driving record and comfortable driving a large vehicle in both an urban and rural settings. First and foremost, you enjoy working with and serving people in their cycling adventure while ensuring that we accomplish our mission of providing the best mobile bike retail and service experience in Minnesota.
- Desire to serve others while creating a profitable business
- Bicycle certified or equivalent work experience
- Technical thinker and problem solver, willingness to learn in a rapidly changing industry
- Clean driving record, high personal values, high-integrity in your work
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, issue resolution
- Passionate about learning new bike technology and learning new repair techniques
- Self-motivated Independent worker, able to manage time to meet scheduled appointments
- Enthusiastic and able to work under close scrutiny of the customer
- Knowledgeable about the MN bicycling community and culture
- Knowledge of local market and events, strong personal network and credibility