Rider Support Technician – Austin
Are you friendly, thoughtful, and have an interest in cycling?
Do you have a nuanced opinion on whether to call it a hex key or an Allen key?
If you answered yes, you might be exactly who we’re looking for.
At velofix, the Rider Support Technician is so much more than a bike mechanic. We see this role as the face of our brand, someone who is constantly encouraging people to ride more, and the person making sure our company is presented at its best every day.
The daily task list of a Rider Support Technician can be very broad. You would be responsible for managing the Mobile Bike Shop, visiting riders at their home or work, servicing their bike, doing bike fits, making deliveries, attending and supporting events, and doing your best to answer every question our riders might have.
If this sounds like your jam, we can’t wait to meet you.
What we’re bringing to you.
- Top 10% Hourly Pay. We monitor industry standards in every market to make sure we’re paying in the top 10%.
- Keep all your tips. Riders demanded a simple way to offer tips and when they do, it’s all yours.
- Insurance options (health, dental, & vision)
- Monthly fitness allowance. We’re in full support of you doing more cycling-specific events: races, rides, triathlons, whatever tickles your fancy.
- A robust training plan
- Flexible hours
- All tools are provided by velofix
- Free uniforms
- Internal support team that is super fast, friendly, and ready to help you solve any issue
What you’re bringing to us.
- A desire to talk with people about cycling
- Strong work ethic. We’re not looking for 90 hours a week, just a commitment to be fully engaged when you are at work
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated. We’re trusting you to do you. But at the same time, do the right thing.
- Effective at communicating ideas.
- Flexibility. The job will ask for a few late nights and weekends. We’ll do our best to give you a heads up.
- Experience doing this sort of thing. You’ve done it before. You want to do it again. And you want to do it for us.
Some things that could give you a leg up
- You’re a cyclist (mountain, road, casual, commuter, uni… we love it all)
- You have an understanding of all the great rides, roads, and trails in and around Austin
- Experience working in a bike shop and a technician, salesperson, or manager
- Proficiency with the most common industry components like Shimano, SRAM, Fox, Rockshox, etc.
- Experience with bike assembly, wheel building/truing, or E-bike maintenance.
- Speaking multiple languages
Some requirements we have
- You have a clean driving record
- You’re open to a background check
- A certification from Barnett Bicycle Institute (BBI) or United Bicycle Institute (UBI). For the right person, we’re happy to pay for this certification.
Founded with a passion for cycling, Mobile Bike Shop velofix was launched in 2013 by Chris Guillemet, Boris Martin, and Davide Xausa, who all share that passion for cycling and the common belief that bicycles can help change the world.
Featured in the New York Times and recognized on Entrepreneur Magazine’s rankings for Franchise 500, Fastest Growing Franchises and Top New Franchises of 2017. velofix has also been called, “one of the most impressive mobile franchises,” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
velonews calls Mobile Bike Shops the #1 Industry Trend in 2017. velofix has also been featured on CBC’s Dragon’s Den (Canada’s version of Shark Tank), which resulted in Jim Treliving coming on board as an investor. Charles Chang of Lyra Growth Partners has also invested in velofix.
velofix recently Won 2018 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Pacific Region – Emerging)
We will be accepting resumes until July 15th and we promise to read and respond to every resume sent.